Sunday, January 01, 2006

end of 05 begin 06

It had to happen. Funny things always happen to me at the end of the year. My TV broke down. It blew up on me just 1 day before end of the year. So i thought well we (the family) thought we could tolerate each other without tv. We tried for one nite realised that we need our electronic babysitter. The AhBeng gave excellant service. Although his english and malay couldn't be understood for one bit but Mr Ahbeng (whose name was John if i'm not mistaken) borrowed us a tv till he gets our tv fixed.. and that is Wednesday.

Yesterday since I was missing Enigma and WTL and BSC I made my own steak for lunch. With mushroom sauce complete with broccoli (I remembered Enigma said it was good for fighting cancer and stuffs like that), corn and wedges. It was extremely delicious (give me some credit!) that I had 2 servings!

I have this silly knack to continue the joke on people when they think i'm not local. Okay this is very jahat and I shouldn't do this. But I must confess

- I told my optometrist once that I had families in Iraq during the Gulf War

- when I got lost on the bus once I told somebody that I was from another country and don't know my way round

- just 2 nites ago, I was browsing around the meat section, this nice lady said Hi and said I've never seen you around. and I said OH it's my first time here (NOT!). She showed me where is the halal section and where is not. It was an intro to the supermarket 'halal' section for the new kid on the block.

This morning I broke 2 plates at one go. They jumped out of the dish rack onto the sink and on the floor. I was totally flabbergasted. Didn't know what happened at all.

The day has been beautiful thus far. It rained since morning and is still raining.

No comments: