Saturday, December 03, 2005

Encounters with Papu and the familiar nenek

This morning I had to negotiate with my son. This is unfamiliar because usually I don't mind him bringing Papu along. Papu is his bolster which he was given by my mom. He has two of them and both are called Papu. Papu would accompany us during shopping, sleep, movie-watching, comfort for cries, wiping off food or oil around his mouth (this is not taught by me. It was his own doing!). But of course I don't encourage this.

So today I have to go to work and drop him off at my sis place. As we were at the door, he wanted to bring Papu - both of them. At the same time, he wanted to carry his own things which were packed in a nice small paper bag. When he carried the bag, he said it was heavy (Heaby - as he would say it). So I said that perhaps we don't have to bring Papu today because the bag was heavy. He gave both Papu to me instead to carry. (Amazing how a two year old can think!) So I said I can't bring Papu cos I have to take out trash. Papu will have to stay home today. He agreed with my reasons and he left them on the cushions. ehhehehehheheh ... cute huh?

As I arrive work, I do my normal morning rounds at the neighbourhood just to see what these creative people are selling. They do sell good stuff like the other day I bought this nice skirt for $26. comes with frills and lace. My breakfast (other then the one I had at home which was 2 slice of bread) I bought fried fishballs on a stick. Just to support fellow muslims who work hard everyday.

And then I was walking towards my office building, the familiar nenek said hello to me. I met nenek last year when she asked me where can she take picture for her umrah visa/passport. I bumped into her again on the same day. Very nice nenek. Today I asked her how she was doing and how was her umrah trip. She said she didn't go she wasn't well. Her eyes were really sad and blue. I wished I didn't ask her those questions. She said she no longer lives around the area as she moved with one of her kid. I said to her Insha Allah all will be fine with her own children looking after you. She said Ameen and said some do'a. Truly nice nenek. I remembered she did the same thing last year when I helped her with the directions.

Wow! Some people that you encounter in life are truly amazing and leaves you in awe because they are so true to themselves. Like nenek.

No comments: