Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Tuesday

It seems to be a lovely morning.. dark, windy and cosy looking weather. Makes you wanna pull your covers to your head. I didnt expect this considering that my night was alittle different.

My son has develop a new habit. Drinking milk consequtively before sleep and ask for milk at least twice in the middle of the night. I had an early night last night. I was too tired to open my eyes considering that I was rushing to finish my report like a mad woman yesterday. I even had my own cheerleading session everytime I hit a certain number of reports.

So I slept right after Isha' that was about almost 9 woke up at 11:30 help my husband with his school work. Realised that I couldn't even focus went back to sleep woke up at 3am when my son asked for milk. Then the abnormal adventure start. He wet the bed. It was really wet. Took out the sheets, clean him up. Glad that he didn't cry. One thing good about him he can wake up any part of the night let's say we are going on a trip early in the morning, he's always chirpy.

We all went back to sleep at 4am, although I tried my best to ignore him asking for his second round of milk. I couldn't help myself. I made him just a wee bit enough to put him to sleep.

I took the taxi.. well the merc guys would be offended to call those engines they drive taxi. Most of the time taxi drivers have a knack of asking what I do. Usually they say I'm a teacher and pre-school teacher. What disturbs me most is this morning this guy with his perfect accented English (very untypical of this part of the land) said that I was a clerk. I'm not offended by the position but what disturbs me was the perpetuated thinking of those wearing hijabs (or not) would be good only in the administrative line. Now if I had decide to brag what I do (not that I do brag about cos it's not my character and not the type of work you wanna brag) I would get myself into trouble. So I usually play the dumb-blonde role with these guys.

Oh yeah. The farewell ceremony was great. It was like a beautiful kenduri. And she told it was really a farewell. Alhamdulillah I handled it well, though I was trying realy hard to control my tears.

It's Tuesday guys! Have a great day!

No comments: