Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Admiration Part Deux ( french... betul ke tidak???)

I was given 2 days of child MC (yesterday and today). However today i got a meeting i couldnt' miss cos the event is just next week and i fear i know nuts whats going on. I went to the place, knocked on the door. Silence. Lock. I couldn't be too early right? It's 3pm sharp. Went to the main office. Meeting was pushed to 4pm. No one told me. I can't access my email from Internet. Oh well. I hang out at Toa Payoh HDB HUb mall - Popular Bookstore. I've been wanting to buy myself a good book. I had a craving for modern literature tapi rasa cam tak boleh nak angkat gitu. Nantilah I'll revisit them again. Then I notice.. Dr Phil... He caught my eye. Title of the book Family First. I loved Dr Phil since I saw him in Oprah. I'm an Oprah freak tho nowadays my opportunity to watch Oprah has dropped to almost nil. Family First is a no nonsense book. The first few pages, I get a feel like as Dr Phil was talking to me. Pretty cool. You know he was a lawyer turned mental health professional? Cool guy. Family First suggest that you put family first and creating a 'phenomenal' family thru a step by step plan. Guys this is my first time buying a self improvement book. Bear with me. I brought it home put it no the table. My hubby saw it and him being the skeptic. Why am i reading this book.. white face bla bla bla. I shot back you've read it? Nope. He's not racist. I know. He's been brought up as such. Skeptic. and me he showed me some new stuff he's into.. magnetic health stuff. he wants to make money of them. Just like Amway, which i totally have no belief in it, I'm a skeptic when it comes to this sorta home business. Oh well. Let him try and learn from this venture. Oh yeah the handphone for my mom. I taught her how to use the handphone, was pretty easy for me. Donno how for her. I bought samsung cos of the big words/numbers. She called me using her handphone when I was at my meeting. Cute lah. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What Dr Phil got say about the craziness of the world around us "It is our duty as the leaders of our families to make sure we are counteracting rather than contributing to the craziness. We must make certain that we do not threaten our own families from within due to our own lack of adjustment, poor priorities and absence of leadership or by using negative products and techniques of our own upbringing"

1 comment:

lunacy said...

Dr who?? hehehe.. happy reading i_mshe.