Sunday, January 14, 2007

Hazards

Selain dari nama town.. and a song by Richard Marx... I can't help but say that there is some hazards being married to a non-local.

I tell you from this morning.. orang asyik take advantage of us.. or maybe I'm the overly sensitive lot.

Oh before I go there, did I tell you guys I told off in a nice way my neighbour upstairs. Just now, they had some reading blasting off their sound system. I can't sleep at all. My poor hubby had to search who (hoping it wasn't them) to tell them to turn it down. Ah yes. It was. I then realised tolerance, patience and understanding are tough things to do as a Muslim. I must learn not to swear and curse. I don't do that actually just at these times I'm extremely sensitive.

So back to hazards.

We went to take Umar for a haircut. Malay barber. It took him less than 5 mins to be done! I went to the store to get something for my throat and I came back I saw them out of the door. My hubby's face was really annoyed. It was half pass job that he did. He said I should have stayed to tell the guy in the language that he knows that it was not properly done. I said you should have told me rather than leave immediately. Cos only in the taxi i noticed how poorly his hair was cut. We were the ONLY customer he had. What am i dealing with here?? mindset??? what am I dealing with in this community??? Of course my husband didn't keep quiet. He told the guy who was in denial.

We had lunch outside so-called restaurant. First thing they serve while we were looking at the menu was kerepek belinjau. Of course we ate happily and moved on with out order, we also ordered another set of kerepek belinjau. They didn't send the ordered one however billed us for the one the put on the table when we came in. I looked at the bill and told the guy who took down our order that he should have told or even have the courtesy to ask whether we want the kerepek belinjau in the first place. SOOOO what am i dealing with???? Another type of mindset!!! BUt I am going to report this.

Taxi.

Driver drove like a mad man took us less than 7 mins to reach home from the airport. SUPer fast wasn't it. The driver SNATCHED the money from my husband and drove off. This one my husband will take care.

Breathe imshe breathe.. no i'm not having contractions... but can't we have a decent day where things happen right?? For now, I don't expect that in Singapore.

8 comments:

.S.K. said...

Maybe I'm biased coz all my love plans have non-locals in them but your hazardous examples have nothing to do with your hubby being non-local...

haircut case: I never failed to ask this one guy at Uni, after every haircut, what happened to his hair, whether he burned it over the weekend... he'd reply, yes, and proceed to describe how he did it...lol... That's how bad his haircut used to be...
belinjau shock: yep, you gotta pay like the rest of us...
taxi issue: that's ohhh so normal...

Maybe, you expect too much of Singapore, hehe...
*still sticking to my non-local plans*

I_mshe said...

no i beg to differ the belinjau issue. At 2 prominent restaurants, we were served and it was complimentary. You pay for the next one if you want to order more. BUt this one just shove to our face b4 our butts had 2 secs rest on the chair. None was mentioned that it was payable OR if it was payable whether WE would want them in the first place.

Well taxi.. yeah i know. I just need to put on it on record.

Stick to your non-local plans yeah? :)

cekmi said...

what a "civilized" way to treat ppl in a civilized sg!

Cekya said...

alamak kesiannyaa....
poor umar!! napa ek some ppl just love being ignorant lah..benda2 macam tu...eisk....
jenis terkena, but you can't really do anything about it. how unfair!!!
meh la live in KL.

I_mshe said...

KL - dream HOME!!!!

.S.K. said...

Jom ah, ape lagi!!!
(Malaysia pon kire overseas, ape... over the sea... lol...)

.S.K. said...

Weirdly, I wrote that last night and this morning, I dreamed I went to visit Cekya's and Tatot's with Cekmi and WTL...
Panggilan Dalaman =D
(and no, for some reason, YOU weren't there, IM )...

awan said...

kasian.

some things you hv to fight back (for your right). some things you just, hv, to, accept. :p