Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A weekend rendezvous

I can't find the exact title for my entry. What I can say is that it's a mix of emotions.

When the heart says something you should always listen to it. This is what I learned from A Poor Man's Book of Assistance. Just before I signed off my last entry I mentioned about something not being right. Well... this is how it all started.

1. the bus - what was promised to me and in written was a 40 seater bus. What I saw was a mini van which fit about 20 people. I thought to myself never mind take it positively.. it's a beginning of an adventure. True enough it was. I had a major backache because of the almost 6hr ride crammed in a small mini van. I can't imagine where to put my legs cos of the 'barely there' legroom. We

were the only ones the picked up from Tampines then picked up a group of 10 at Bukit Panjang (the other side of SIngapore). So 13 of us crammed in a minivan 6hr ride. Why 6hrs? Because the bloody driver had to dropped 2 couples at Malacca Century Mahkota and we spent 1hr cos he and the other idiotic guide (what's the purpose of the guide I don't know cos she spent the whole journey talking to the driver - where did she find the energy to be such a blabber mouth?) could find the way there!

2. Tiara Beach Resort - a major disappointment. Sorry Zuhri should have listened to you and take your offer. Enigma nagged at me for a good 20secs. Ya okay I should have listened to you guys. Well the webpage lure was good. SOme weird rules they cooked up

- you cannot ask for extra towels unless its been used and its wet (exactly what the guy said)

- no such thing as room dining. You have to go to the Terrace. Then I understood why I see families with pots and pans and extra loads of towels (see below)

- They have iron but no ironing board.

- Most holiday makers go up to their rooms wet and sandy. The lift contain sand and 'sea'. Can't find the towel people and there was no rule on getting back to your rooms dry.

- The Terrace - we had late lunch. Since nothing was familiar we ordered what was considered as safe to us. and that was Pasta. (how hard can that be?) NOw when I ordered this I had to explain more than 3 times to the girl. Was I speaking in an alien lingo? No I bet not. But Ive decided to still give this girl the benefit of the doubt - she could be illiterate.

- oh yeah the room. It's awfully huge with nothing inside! As you enter the room to your left would be a wall to wall sink/cabinet. shoerack and nothing. Next is the kingsized bed near the window. And you walked in bit more it's like a living room for TV. oh yeah NO CABLE! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! ONly 2 channels and the reception is poor. We ended up watching japanese cartoons in Malay and Berita.

- I checked out the next day immediately after contacting WTL. Cos I was looking forward to meeting her in Port DIckson. TOld her that we are coming up to KL and need her help with hotel. The blessing was she wasn't going to PD. I was a hesitant with the $180RM taxi ride to KL but if I had no choice I would go for it. Alhamdulillah WTL was my life saver. I owe her soo much I just don't know how to express or repay her back. She was a good host, it's like we knew each other for donkey years and we are good buddies. The blessed girl drove for 2hrs from her place, was caught in traffic jam and drove us to the hotel for another 3hrs (cos hehehehhe LUN you would know why. :) WTL has excellant driving skills). She was there all thru out the check in and the room was great and she made she we were comfortable and all.

Okay the weird thing about Tiara as I was about to counter checking out was the lady said " Ma'am you have to pay RM$22 for something you took at the Terrace." I was ready to jump on this girl and de-skin her. I asked her what is it that I took. She couldn't answer and she said that's it Ma'am! MY blood was boiling! Blooddy rude and irritating. I told her that I only requested an extra bed nothing from the Terrace. In the end all was clear I paid her my due and as she as ready to buat bodoh I asked for my receipt (Gawd dont these people give receipts for payments!)

So my nightmare was cut short from 3D/2N to 2D/1N. Don't care about the payment I made. I just dont want to know anyting about PD anymore. Will I ever visit PD again? Maybe when I'm senile.

NOW KL was the MOST happening with WTL around! Gurl This girl is an energyjunkie! Man you don't know where she find the energy. I'm home now and I realised how sore I am. Yesterday we spent the whole day shopping at 1 Utama! I love this place!! If I ever more to M'sia I would move to Bandar Utama. OH yeah I told WTL we're spending only 1 nite in KL. 1 nite ended up to be 3nites in KL!

KL was also happening because of Enigma. The sister whom I've not seen for a long long time. It's sooo lovely to see her again and talked to her. Thanks for the gifts! Umar loved the teddy. I will find a matching ring to wear with the bracelet (hehehe over!). OH yeah we could meet up with Kak D in May.

GAWD LUN! We ate at CHILI's! Bangsar!! WTL suggested the venue. It was great. Bangsar is lovely! BUt Stupid me I had headache cos I walked inthe rain (eventhough I had the umbrella in my hand). Me desperately trying to get a bus back to Singapore. Of course la susah nak dapat. Kerja giler. So it was stupid cos I ordered pasta AGAIN at CHILI's. rugi. I ate some of WTL's lamb .. something. was delicious. and the chocoloate banana smoothie was sooo smooth! OH and the starters was .. god I can't remember the name but it was heaven!

of course KL wouldn;t be happening without my understanding hubby who took care of my son giving me space to spend time with WTL.

Saturday sampai KL almost 3pm - checked in and went to KLCC for shopping and makan. KLCC was too crowded.

SUnday - woke up real early for KLCC again without WTL. cos felt guilty for saturday. so gave her time to rest. Met up later on and started our kerja giler of looking for busses to SG in the rain. and learning that her driving skills can be superb. hehehehehhe. Then off to Bangsar smsing Enigma waiting for her. Poor girl was working on a SUNDAy and It's a public holiday! had a good dinner with her and WTL.

Monday - wokeup real early again started the day and ended the day at 1utama with wtl. She is a freak! In a good way! She shrieked, we shrieked over CD, food, lots of food, coffee, tea, clothes, more clothes, Padini, and more Padini. We shrieked over soyabean drink,sushi. the list is endless.

Tuesday - *sigh* back in SG. boredom has begun. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What I learned from this experience:

  • Wear good walking shoes no matter what.
  • Good friends make great experiences.

No comments: