Friday, December 02, 2005

Another Friday

Hmm.. it seems Friday comes and goes too soon. It was just like coupla days ago I wrote under the header of Friday, today BOOM! another friday!

How has this week been for me? How has it been for us? You how my typical morning starts, here it is

1. alarm buzzes off at 6.30am. Wake up shower and pray.

2. I get my early morning smses from colleague - like who's coming late, why, who has to go where and when will be back, who is sick, who's children are sick, who has an urgent something to attend to and will be in late.. stuffs like that.

3. Breakfast if I have time, otherwise just take my time to get ready- iron my clothes (I dont like ironing the nite before.. simply urgh! cos i'm a resident fickle person)

4. Son's up - change him, give milk, watch Blue's Clues (if he wakes up by 7.30am). If I'm lucky usually he's done his stinky stuff in the morning and this usually happens when i'm all set to get out of the house. Shower him, change him again. Bag all the trash to take out of the house. Read do'a by the door while locking the house up out loud. So that my son knows what to read as well.

5. Taxi - I've got some stories on this but that'll be later. Wait on a taxi, definitely bump into my neighbour who takes taxi to work every morning. No sight of taxi.. call one. One usually comes in 10mins.

6. Call my mom - who send some1 to pick my son up from downstairs, then off to work.

7. Reach office - all dark, serach for lights, unlock the glass door gently (cos it is fragile.. don't want it on my head) quickly find the the disarming key before 60secs is up. *sigh* why would last person at the office put the key where I can't see with my eyes? It's usually camouflaged. ONe time I broke the drawer trying to find the disarming key. manage to fix it back before anyone else came.

8. Open officeroom door, turn on lights and aircon. give salam.

9. Anddd.... starts my day with checking mails (office and personal). Head for breakfast and my morning window shopping with all the aunties and the ahpeks.

10. Check my blog as well as other people's blog.

11. Start work for the day.

Back to my rendezvous with taxi drivers.. you know taxi drivers seems to know the insides of everything or is it that driving around gives them the foresight. Like:

1. Who owns the Gotham City lookalike building at Bugis. Where is another one of the exact replica is located.

2. What gonna be built at an empty plot of land.

3. Where did all the money go for SARS collection?

4. Where is the best makan place - cheap and nice. Halal or not is another story.

5. The sensitive gahmen stories they share with passengers.

6. Who is the Hangman's niece and stuff like that. These people are truly valuable resource to the community.

Ah well, I need to start working. What's on the Friday agenda? Let's see

1. It's 9:20am. Let's hope boss comes to work - cos I hate going for horrible management meetings. Its a stupid waste of time.

2. Appraisals - now what do you do with staff who don't want to be appraised or even do open appraisals? Any suggestions?

3. Letters - tonnes of it.

4. Reports - I've got 60plus reports to do by the end of next week.

5. Prepare for event on 17 dec.

All this will occupy my day as well as in between blogging and compulsive email checkings.

*phew*

No comments: