Friday, November 04, 2005

Milk and fruitcake

Eating fruitcake dunk in milk is actually one of my food fetish. However my fruitcake has to be less or no cherry. Just plain ol' raisins. And when the fruitcake gets alittle stuck in my throat I would water it down with milk.

I didn't know that you could develop nausea from cleaning up. I did. On the eve of Hari Raya, if I had to lift my finger to do 1 more thing, I would have thrown up! Even sending greetings was a 'chore'. Sorry guys! But in the end, the house did look okay to me. I did some 'touch ups' in the morning and the house is ready for guests. Not many people do come to my house, but the this year I am happy to have the house ready for guests. I was glad I started the cleaning up early this year. Ramadhan was a blessing Alhamdulillah. I realised that as the year goes by, Ramadhan tests every soul and when the soul is weak, succumbs to pressure, the soul fails. I witnessed many things which should not be done during Ramadhan. I wished I had more courage to tell these people off. How our own doing fail us as Muslims and as a good citizens of Islam. How we fail to carry the banner of Islam this year should be reflected this Ramadhan and strive to improve the following months up to the crunch of the next Ramadhan.

I hope and pray that Allah protect me from witnessing those things again and guide these people to the right path. I love Ramadhan and look forward to many Ramadhans to come. I hope to experience Ramadhan in a different place one day.

Eid MUBARAK!

No comments: