Sunday, September 25, 2005

Dusty Sunday

I've had the worst -I can recall- sinus attack ever! I was told yesterday at work (yeah I was working on Saturday) that my eyes were swollen. I know. I could barely open my eyes at work. Good thing it was a bus ride to SENTOSA as I had a good rest on the bus. And why the fish was I working at Sentosa on Saturday.. OH well we had this programme to 'rekindle your love with your spouse' kindda programme for some people. NOw why didnt i feel excited over it. It was at Shangri-la! I don't know. At the end of the day I wonder whether it was all worth it. Whether there was even any meaningful take-aways from them or me. Last nite I was reviewing my work values as a professional conductor. Why don't I feel like a maestro? IS it all worth it? I felt deep in my heart that all forms of systems do take advantage of each other sometimes with less concern for values. MOney centres everything. I felt that I should just settle down and spend more time with my son. I feel alittle 'left behind' as my son only knows the color RED and insist that everything is red. Has yet to be toilet trained even.But then again he is only 2. Anyway back to the dust. Cleaning up my room alone took me 2hrs. This is pure dusting. And in the end my face turned up sore cos of dustmites?? I got big itchy bumps on my face. Okay that room is done. The house is aired fresh. All clothes washed. No TODAY ... I'm at home. The contractor was supposed to come to do my windows. U guessed it. The lady called said that her man was down with pain and stuff. The permit is up today she said she could extend it. Well then I said its Friday then. Cos they have to deal with my husband! hahahahahhah! I couldn't be bothered to get again. What the use of using my energy for such stuff. Oh yeah I'm home cos my son is not feeling well. He is asleep now (12.30noon). And I just made lunch which I got from internet. Get ready to drool..... 1 pkg. (9 oz) BUITONI Refrigerated Linguine ( I used any type I could find. Why refrigerate?? I will know later ones the ones in the fridge cools down)

2 (14.5 oz each) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes (What's soo Italian about the diced style anyway silly me bought on 1 can.. now I know why I need 2 cans)

1/4 cup pitted and diced kalamata olives (now what is kalamata olives? Not just any pitted and diced olives? Kalamata is harvest from N0v-Dec and cured for 1mth. Said to be the tastiest in the market)

1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil

2 small clove garlic

1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (Can't find any..just used dry basil)

1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (I can never ever find these! I used grape juice instead)

1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (i bought the ones with herbs - ova sikit!)

DIRECTIONS

COMBINE tomatoes, olives, oil, garlic, basil and vinegar in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.

TOSS pasta with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Best accompanied with Ice Tea. NOw this is how it looks like

No comments: