Monday, August 01, 2005

My mother

As I was laying in bed trying to put my son to sleep, I realised how much I appreciate, love, enjoy and feel fortunate for having a mother like my mother. In her own ways she has her negativities but just tonight her positivities outshine all negatives.

  1. She asked whether I was pregnant (no I'm not). She has this concerned frown over her face. She said i look so weak and tired. I said I'm just tired and it's been a long month for me.
  2. She told me to have dinner. How wonderful can that be!
  3. She told me to drink fresh green tea. Because it is expensive to buy those fresh tea leaves, she said "Let's share!"
  4. She bought me a purple caftan. She actually washed and ironed it for me. It's ready to wear. I started to recall that she actually bought me lots of stuff as an adult. I expect that to happen if I'm still a young child but as an adult! It's very touching and none can replace all those things she bought me. Cos it's not the stuff she bought, but her thoughts of me. I realised that a mother doesn't stop having her thoughts of you whereever she may be.
  5. She said I should see the acupuncture guy. Which I will but not this week.
  6. She insisted on giving me her facial wash, toner and almost gave away the eye cream. This was given to her by her daughter in-law. Not that she has anything against that lady. But all this means nothing to her if her own daughter doesn't 'look good' in her eyes.
  7. She reminded me that Saturday is 1st of Rejab. She said to do extra prayers and fast if you can. In all my life, she has always been the source to remind me of my relationship with Allah. Who else will do that for me?
  8. She prays for me every praying hours. Not only me, her other children, living and dead and especially her husband, my father. Makes me wonder how many times I actually intentionally do pray for her health, safety, peace in this world and here after. ( I only do it when I am feeling down). She prays for me at any sacred events! What more can I ask for?

I should cherish all this and not only wait till she pass on to do it. I wonder how many years does Allah allow me to have her around. I beg Allah to keep her for me, continue be the pillar of strength for the family, allow me to spend every breathing hour to enjoy her company and be the source of her joy, the avenue to let off her pain and misery and be the spring to grant her wishes.

If you have a mother go ahead, make her day and you will make yours. If she has passed on, do your duty to keep her alive by praying for her soul.

If you have a father, do the same nonetheless.

No comments: