Saturday, August 06, 2005

My 1st Rejab

Alhamdulillah I fasted the whole day. Did some major cleaning to the house which was 3yrs over due. This is my project before Ramadhan.. that I need to keep up with the house! I had a nice afternoon nap which almost lasted for 3hrs!Was supposed to meet my hubby at his job as he can keep an eye on my son while I do some shopping at Arab St. Instead we met up at Bugis. We had like almost 1.5hrs to go before Maghrib. So we decided to be tourists. I bought a rug which I saw a coupla days ago. Rug was still hanging there! YAY!!! and it was really cheap!! YAY!!! I bought two pieces of similar patterns and colors, I asked the mama at the shop is it the same length ( cos I specifically said I need a certain length) and I asked him about 3 times he said yes. Man I knew he was wrong and I should have gone with my guts. But I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I discovered at home that the other piece is about 10cm shorter. *pfff* We head down to the Heritage Centre. Was closed. oh well *pfff* We walked in circles 3 times before we actually decide to sit at a coffee shop by the roadside. 30 mins to go b4 Maghrib. We decide to order our food. So much for our craving of traditional Malay dishes, we ended up eating nasi goreng, roti john and nasi ambeng. I guzzled 2 mugs of teh halia. I guess I'm suffering from an overdose right now. Cos it's almost 1am and i'm up as an owl! After breaking our fast, we took turns to pray at Sultan Mosque. Take a look at how Gotham City looks before and after Maghrib.

Hmmm ... last nite we watched "Rabun". Excellant. We loved it. What's cool about it is that Yasmin Ahmad plays with our heads and gives us room to create our stories from her own. Annddd guess what I found coupla seconds ago???? (I'm beginning to talk and sound just like my husband!)

http://yasminthestoryteller.blogspot.com/

No comments: