Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The idiocy of waiting

I hate to play the waiting game.Who am I playing with? The contractors. They said last Thursday they are going to be here today at 9am. It's 20mins to 10am. Waste of my time. Now if I call them, the lady will say "aiyeeeeerrr my foreman ah! told him to come early! I cor u back" and when she does call me back, she will say " Ah! my man on the way, on the way oredi. They stuck at PIE traffic jam!"

Now do I allow myself to be fooled again? Allow my patience to be taken advantaged of? I'm giving myself till 10am.

Yesterday at almost 5pm in the midst of my 'busi'ness (can't imagine myself being busy at 5pm. I usually declare that I am done for the day at about 4pm and just linger around till 6pm), my handphone rang. In a sharp tone I said hello. The voice on the other side said that she wonders whether I am still interested about that job I applied the other day. Oh yes! Of course!

I thought they have found some one. Well that's what they said in their email to me.

Now that they are offering me an interview, I'm scared! Too real for a change. I'm going out of safe waters.. my comfort zone! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

If these people don't turn up at 10, I'm certain to not call them up and make a report against them.

Menu for the day 10:30am - send my son to my mom's 11:30am - be at work (although I'm on official time off!) 1pm - lunch appointment 7pm-9pm - course preview (some advert I saw in the papers)

I'm having a funny sinus feeling about all this.

No comments: